If you have ever thought about starting your own business, its important to know who you are and if you have the “qualities” it takes to have an Entrepreneurial Mindset?
There are several ways to tell if you have this entrepreneurial mindset. Moreover, there are just as many ways to clear the road to becoming an entrepreneur.
To Have the Entrepreneurial Mindset, Consider these Personality Traits:
___ Leadership qualities
___ Creative thinking
___ A feeling that there is something more than what you are doing in your current job
___ Innovative ideas
If you show any or all of these qualities, you could very well be on your way to owning your own business because you do have that entrepreneurial spirit.
How to Clear the Road toward Entrepreneurial Success
(photo courtesy of Freepik)
Going from the 9:00 to 5:00 grind to the entrepreneurial spirit may not be the easiest path, but it is something you can achieve. However, there are several steps you need to take before forging head first into business ownership.
* Get clear – Getting clear on what it is you want to achieve is an integral first step. It is not as simple as coming up with an idea and writing it down. You have to write down your goals, but even more importantly, you have to break them down. Being specific is not an option; it is mandatory. You need to have clear, specific goals when it comes to starting a new business.
* Create a plan – Once you are clear on what your goal for your new business is, you have to create a plan for success. Write down what your goal is, how you will achieve that goal in smaller steps and then break that list down even further.
* Take action – Next, it is time to take action steps. Action steps need more than just thinking about taking them. Declare aloud and to everyone you can what your action steps are; in this way, you are accountable to your word.
* Delegate – If you are starting a new business of your own, do not be afraid to delegate tasks, even if you do not have a business partner or associates yet. One day delegating will be a task you will have to learn anyhow.
Allow family members and friends to help take the load off somewhere else while you learn all you need to know about your new business endeavor.
* Letting go – Sometimes in order to create something new, we need to let go of something old. In order to clear the path to creating a new business, something else will have to fall by the wayside. Your home may need to be a little cluttered or less clean. You may have to let go of a favorite sport or activity for a while, but it is well worth it in the end.
Keeping your day job is important until you are secure financially in your new business endeavor. It may be a difficult road to travel, but having an entrepreneurial mindset is a gift. Once you open it, you will be happy that you did.
Featured picture via Freepik